From the tag-line of my Blog, readers must have by now identified that I am an open-source fan. Needless to say more, unlike most of the fellow Indians, I do not use Microsoft Office at all. I am very comfortable with Open Office Writer, Spreadsheet, Presentation, etc …
Advantages of using the Open Office package are many .. to include some :
- Easy to avail and free
- Installation is easy, updates are quick
- Creating, saving, editing, formatting etc is very easy and once you have started using this, you would not like to try any other commercial package of Office Software
- Many more, lets explore !!!!
Since I recommend most of my friends to use Open Office, they come to me for any issues / bugs regarding the same. Recently one of them came to me for clearing the RECENT DOCUMENTS list from the “Open Office Writer” and I gave him a link to a good article in this regard. For readers who would be interested in reading, here is the link :
After installing, configuring and developing on so many CMS packages, now I am concentrating on listing out which solution works best for what purpose.
I have tried and tested Drupal, Joomla, Moodle, WordPress, Magento, EFront, Atutor and lot more …
I started my CMC journey with WordPress and enjoyed working with it so much that it motivated me to explore new CMS packages as well. WordPress, in my opinion has the following salient features :
- Easy to install and configure
- Supported by a technically sound Control Panel
- Easy to manage editor – comfortable for a layman author as well
- Easy comment management
- Lot of free as well as commercial templates available
- .. lot more … (please add as a comment all special qualities that you have observed in WordPress )
Above all, despite having experienced so many CMS, for a simple site or a Blog site, I would definitely choose WordPress 🙂
If you are tired of frequent crashes of your PC and the personal data loss suffered therein, here’s a simple solution to your problem. Just upgrade your Docs section of Google Apps to Drive and you get 5 GB space free. Some significant features of this facility are :
File upload and download are really fast and the best part is that you can upload complete folders too, not just files !
This is an online backup, so you can get access to your backup docs even if you are on another PC lateron
Sharing of docs with fellow users of Gmail is very easy
Many more … lets explore and tell each other 🙂